My first Blog

Hi Everyone! (or no one depending on who might read this)



I thought this would be a good way to document changes in my life as I am going through Beth Moore's bible study Breaking Free. I will mention baggage I have held tightly since I was a teenager and even some new added junk that I just need to get rid of. So, here goes... the chains are coming off!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm headin' for the border...

Yea!! I made a Big first step today. I know it seems trivia, really. I am coming to realize that the world does not revolve around me and that we each have things that are hard for us. No matter how silly it is to me, it may be big stuff to you. And vice versa of course.

When we get think about our own downfalls, demons, past experiences etc too much, we are being quite self centered. In past times, I have drowned in my own pity. Like no one else in the world has an issue as big as mine! Oh how far from the truth is that?! Everyone has things they struggle with , no matter how big or small they are, they are real to them and to me. They are real to God. He is the one who will take it on for me, I do not need to drown myself in my pity or shame. By not honoring the HUGE sacrifice God made by giving his own Son, I am not being gracious or accepting.

So on to my big first step. I walked down the stairs (I sit kind of high up at church), those long stairs and down the long aisle (though it always seems) to the front where Pastor Ryan was waiting. I have been called to baptism as a way to show God I truly believe He is my savior as well as show that I am willing to not only Love with my words but with my actions! So, I did it!!! I said to myself that I could go now as God has been prompting be to or I could wait and watch God probably trip me down the stairs later.. I opted to go quietly now! Whew...that was a huge step for me. I mean, I have gone to that church (which I love) for over a year and not broken the concrete from around my feet..but today was the day.

Thanks be to God for getting me past this first step. Now on to the actual baptism which is going to be joyous..and a little scary for me. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment