My first Blog

Hi Everyone! (or no one depending on who might read this)



I thought this would be a good way to document changes in my life as I am going through Beth Moore's bible study Breaking Free. I will mention baggage I have held tightly since I was a teenager and even some new added junk that I just need to get rid of. So, here goes... the chains are coming off!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Learning how to lead

I have always been outgoing and involved in sports in my life. I have had no hesitations for trying out or competing and even leading at times but I have no idea how to lead a family in Christ..

Most of my life when it comes to relationships I have been the compromiser, the follower, the peace-keeper. No matter who I dated, I would conform to their likes and be easy to follow. That did not always suit me well though. Most of the times it caused more problems than it helped. I was always at conflict within myself for not following my way. I have a very outspoken husband who is very generous with his love for me and the kids. He is very black and white in his ways and that is hard at times when I want to be gray. I admire homes where the husband is the spiritual leader because frankly, I am used to following and not leading and I am not really comfortable with the idea. I guess God never promised me that life would be comfortable huh?!

So, how do I lead my own family in relationship with Christ? I know that my relationship with Christ is the only one I can control, I can teach my children to love the Lord and pray that they grab hold and take it to heart always but I am not used to being the leader. Maybe it is because I am so new at it and I am not sure exactly of what I am doing. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment