My first Blog

Hi Everyone! (or no one depending on who might read this)



I thought this would be a good way to document changes in my life as I am going through Beth Moore's bible study Breaking Free. I will mention baggage I have held tightly since I was a teenager and even some new added junk that I just need to get rid of. So, here goes... the chains are coming off!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Do I REALLY love God?

Okay, That may seem like a weird thing to say but during our study last week that statement hit me profoundly. Beth was being her usual Beth self and was talking about how you know when you go to church and you sing songs of worship and the songs say that talk about undying love for God or show me brokenness so I can live fully in Christ.. You know what I mean, singing songs about undying, overwhelming love for Christ when you don't feel it fully..yet. Don't get me wrong, I love what only Jesus can do for me, the gift God has given me in salvation and the gift of the spirit however I am learning to love God, since I don't know him as well as I will. I certainly never want to be one who says things I don't mean, I want to mean what I say, especially when it comes to worshipping my God and creator.

When I think of God's love for me, I am a little hesitant to accept it because it is hard for me at times to accept love, but I realize that it is sinful to not take God at his word, that he loves me more than anything. I can only try to comprehend it by the feelings and deep love I have for my own children. I love them beyond all comprehension and would do anything in the world for them, die for them if I had to. That is how I try to wrap my mind around God's love for me. The more I know God, the more I love him too. I felt relieved to know that it is okay for me to not have that overwhelming, emotional love for God just yet. I know I will, I pray for it, I beg for it. I want it more than anything. And I will get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment